- Be familiar with and committed to WACC’s Vision and Mission and its statement “Communication for All”;
- Be prepared to safeguard and promote the values and mission of the organization; to ensure that the organization operates in an effective, responsible and accountable manner;
- Be skilled in conducting meetings, particularly with participants from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- Be willing to volunteer some four weeks a year to the task;
- Be knowledgeable about issues related to communication for development; be familiar with the workings of an international non-governmental organization and policy-making; and have a broad understanding of WACC’s partner relationships.
WACC operates in English, Spanish and French. However, since the common language tends to be English, candidates need to be able to speak and understand it sufficiently well to enable them to fulfil the role.
Candidates should, in the first instance, express interest by writing to email@example.com The deadline for nominations to be received is 28 February 2015.